The completely new designed lightweight panel of Elbe Flugzeugwerke GmbH is a significant innovation of maritime interior systems.
- Class B-15 Ceiling type
- IMO B-15 Deckenpaneel
- Class B-15 Bulk:head
- IMO B-15 Wandpaneel
EFW‘s maritime panel combines:
- Up to 30 % weight reduction compared to standard cabin panels: e.g. weight saving potential of approx. 300 tons for a cruise liner equipped with 1500 passenger cabins
- Outstanding noise reduction properties (up to -45db)
- Very good fire protection abilities.
EFW‘s lightweight maritime panels can be implemented in bulkhead as well as in ceiling applications in cruise ships, commercial vessels and offshore accommodations:
- Passenger and crew cabins
- Bulkhead and ceiling
- Corridors and other public areas
- Sandwich floor panels
- Man-hole covers (GFRP)
Panel width up to 1,2m, combined with curved and cranked panels enable new design possibilities and reduction of assembly costs.
Minimized fabrication tolerances allow a high level of cabin pre-manufacturing and provide reliable and reproducible product quality. As special service for our customers we integrate further features during pre-assembly: reinforcements, cable raceways, additional installations, hatches and doors etc. The new panel enables an almost seamless design and provides a positive sense of space.
The use of recycling material for the sandwich core improves the ecological balance of the whole system.
Saving weight in cabins and corridors has a direct impact on the weight-concept of the whole ship. The centre of gravity is lower, the draught is less - all this saves fuel consumption.
- Panel weight starts at just 9,4 kg/m² (27mm wall panel)
- Noise cancellation up to -45dB (27mm double-wall with 20-40mm aerial distance)
- Panel size up to 1200mm*2700mm, thickness 27 and 52mm
- Minimized fabrication tolerances
- Increased variability in ship and cabin design (2D warping)
- Design solutions for integration of hatches and inspection doors
- Improved handling abilities due to increased panel stiffness and reduced panel weight
- Maritime panels can easily be treated with standard working machines during installation on board and in-service maintenance
- Resistant against moisture and putridity
- Easy to repair
- Ecological and recycled core material
- No emission of cancerogenic respirable fibres