VAP® (Vacuum Assisted Process) technology is an aerospace industry-wide standard for manufacturing of highly stressed structural components. It gives engineers the necessary degrees of freedom to implement complex 3D geometries. Tooling costs are kept at a minimum by using flexible vacuum structures.
EFW uses VAP® (Vacuum Assisted Process) technology for manufacturing of A350 VAP® beams for A350XWB.
- Highest degree of design freedom for 3D geometries
- Wide range of potential applications: e.g. aviation, transportation, medical purposes
- Engineering and manufacturing services certified by EASA 21J and 21G
- Single unit production of carbon fibre reinforced plastics as well as large scale manufacturing
- Real time production monitoring during every step of the VAP® infiltration
- On-line monitoring of all key process indicators (vacuum, resin and tooling temperature etc.)
- Automated weight controlled resin infusion (+/- 5g per infusion)
- Fully integrated into existing ERM (Electronic Resource Management) system at EFW
VAP® manufacturing at EFW unites all advantages of VAP® technology with the cost savings of an efficient serial production. We use state-of-the-art planning and management systems to ensure a stable manufacturing output with currently 150 different part numbers for A350XWB Programme.
- Successfully established in the A350 cabin layout: for maximum cabin layout flexibility
- Operation efficiency: maintenance-free up to 12 years
- Outstanding mechanical properties: impact tolerance up to 170 Joule
- Up to 50 % more cost efficient compared to same components made with Titanium alloys
- Maximum part dimensions: 1440 mm x 500 mm x 100 mm