VAP® (Vacuum Assisted Process) technology is an aerospace industry-wide standard for manufacturing of highly stressed structural components. It gives engineers the necessary degrees of freedom to implement complex 3D geometries. Tooling costs are kept at a minimum by using flexible vacuum structures.
EFW uses VAP® (Vacuum Assisted Process) technology for manufacturing of A350 VAP® beams for A350XWB.
VAP® manufacturing at EFW unites all advantages of VAP® technology with the cost savings of an efficient serial production. We use state-of-the-art planning and management systems to ensure a stable manufacturing output with currently 150 different part numbers for A350XWB Programme.
- Successfully established in the A350 cabin layout: for maximum cabin layout flexibility
- Operation efficiency: maintenance-free up to 12 years
- Up to 50 % more cost efficient compared to same components made with Titanium alloys
- Highest degree of design freedom dor 3D geometries
- Wide range of potential applications: e.g. aviation, transportation, medical purposes
- Engineering and manufactoring services certified by EASA 21J and 21G
- State of the art manufacturing